“India is the one land that all men desire to see, and having seen once, by even a glimpse, would not give that glimpse for all the shows of all the rest of the globe combined.”– Mark Twain
Undoubtedly, the charm of India is undeniable as it’s a colorful and vibrant country having beautiful beaches, glorious cities, amazing architectures, and so many festivals. And the pink city- Jaipur is to never miss out if you’re planning to pay a visit to India soon. Moreover, if volunteering has ever crossed your mind, then visiting here can definitely be a cherry on the cake as you can join a volunteer program here to be not just any another tourist but to make a difference, to be a part of a worthy cause, to do the thing you’ll feel self-satisfied about.
Jaipur is a city where you can not only be a volunteer but also you can experience Rajasthani culture, history, and traditions. Here we’re listing top 5 benefits of volunteering in Jaipur. Reading these points will surely make you eager to visit this city once.
- Easy Availability of Transportation- The capital city of Rajasthan is well connected by flights across India and international destinations too. For a luxurious experience, you may try the “Palace on Wheels” train which makes a scheduled trip to Jaipur. And if you’re driving to this city, national highways here make the ride smooth. While getting around the city, you may take your pick from cycle rickshaws, cabs, and local buses.
- Named World Heritage Site by UNESCO– It is a proud moment for not only Jaipur but for whole India also that has recently become the latest entrant to the UNESCO’s world heritage sites’ list in 43rd session of UNESCO World Heritage Committee (WHC) in Baku, Azerbaijan. The iconic city planning of Jaipur shows a mashup of Mughal and ancient Hindu architectural craftsmanship that could be a perfect treat to history buffs’ eyes.
- Rich Historic Culture– The pink city of India has well-preserved culture and traditions. This historic walled city and the majestic palaces and forts will make you awestruck. Places to explore here are- Hawa Mahal, Jaigarh fort, Nahargarh fort, Amber fort, City Palace, Govind Dev Ji temple, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, Albert Hall Museum, etc. Other than these places, the fairs, and festivals; like Teej, Gangaur, kite festival, elephant festival, Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF); add more colors and energy to this city.
- Affordable– If you’re a true shopaholic, you must stock up on a range of locally made handicrafts, block printed textiles, Jaipuri quilts, pottery and jewelry from the local old markets like Bapu Bazaar, Johari Bazaar and Chaura Rasta that too in very affordable prices. If you’re a foodie too then you must cheer up your taste buds by having traditional Rajasthani food like Daal Baati, Ghevar, Rawat ki Kachori, etc. Besides enjoying all these, you can join a block printing workshop also here.
- It’s Evolving– Despite holding the same old traditions, the modern culture has also embraced this city very quickly. You can find all the modern facilities here; good infrastructure, wide roads, shopping malls, good restaurants, and hotels make this city called a fast emerging one. Also, now it’s a norm to see people enjoying the nightlife in Jaipur. Pubs and bars can be seen flooded by the youthful crowd. Among these all, one can be easily charmed by the warm hospitality of people here.
Hopefully, now you’ve come to know why visiting Jaipur as a volunteer can be the most memorable experience ever. If you haven’t yet found any voluntary organization, then join one to take some more beautiful memories back home from Jaipur. 🙂